Wednesday, June 11, 2014

By way of introduction

My name is Beth, and I'm a proud Army wounded warrior's wife and mother of an energetic 4 year old. My life today is nothing like I expected it to be, but life seldom goes as expected. My husband, Justin, and I have been married 5 years. He has been in the Army for 8 years, deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. It was on his third deployment - second deployment to Afghanistan - that he was hit by a 107mm rocket and lost both legs below the knee. Within a week, he was flown to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center where we've been for the past year. I've shared much of our journey via Facebook, but quite a few people have suggested that I start a blog, so here I am. I'm going to attempt to go back and post some of my notes from Facebook on here to catch up from the past year.

*Figured out how to change the dates on the post to reflect when I originally posted them, so if you want to read back, they'll be in order from the one month post-injury update that I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment